This is the great debate in the PPC marketing community – Facebook ads vs Google Adwords. In the past, it was the battle of the search engines – Bing vs Yahoo vs Google. For many, Google trumped the cards every time. But with the rise of social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, it leaves one to wonder could it be possible for there to be something bigger and better than Google? This is a concept that SEO companies in Los Angeles have been testing out for the companies they work with. At the end of the day, it comes down to the industry and audience of the business the LA SEO service provider is assisting.
Some SEO companies in Los Angeles find that Facebook ads outperform Adwords and vice versa. But here is the rundown regarding the differences between the two.
The Pros and Cons of Google Adwords
The following are the good things we’ve seen in Adwords:
- Exceptional measuring tools for tracking ad campaigns
- The potential to reach large audiences
- Sometimes immediate increases in site traffic
- An almost instant ROI
- Options to target certain demographics and regions
- Various ad options, including remarketing, display network and search network
- Ability to target users that have already shown interest, thus increasing chances of a conversion
- Absolute control over how much you spend daily and max cost per click
Now, for the not-so-great about Adwords:
- It can be tricky setting up and managing the accounts, which can prove to be expensive and time-consuming
- There’s only three lines of text visibility (for search only)
- The cost per click rates can be rather high, depending on the industry you’re in
- Sometimes, large potential audiences aren’t relevant at all
Facebook Pros and Cons
Here’s why we think Facebook ads are growing in popularity:
- It’s quite easy to track your campaigns
- Increases in traffic can be immediate
- Absolute control over your max CPC and daily budget
- Additional targeting options, such as likes and interests, regions, age, income and demographics
- Much easier to start campaigns compared to Adwords
- The opportunity to connect with users earlier in the customer purchasing journey
- Images and videos can be used to capture more attention
- The CPC rates are relatively cost-effective
Okay, now what’s wrong with Facebook ads?
- Like Adwords, it can cause money loss if set up or managed the wrong way (another reason to hire an SEO agency in Los Angeles)
- Inability to target ads for specific times of day or days of the week
- Best for industries in the B2C marketing
- Reaching folks too soon in their buying process can bring down goal conversion rate
The best way to really know what’s best for your company is to test out both and see what works. In most cases, using both methods can be rather effective!