Understand Today’s Market – What Social Media Marketing Companies Know…
Social media has become a strong business tool. Businesses use social media to build relationships in a way that advertising cannot. Customers want to know your company on a personal level and build a long-term relationship.
Here are 10 social media statistics that might make you rethink your marketing strategy.
- 93% of businesses use social media
- By investing 6 hours per week, 74% of marketers saw an increase in website traffic
- 67% more leads are generated when companies use a blog
- Social media sites and blogs reach 8 out of 10 U.S. internet users
- 47% of Americans are primarily influenced by Facebook
- 71% of consumers that get a fast brand reply on social media are prone to recommending that brand to their friends
- Social media marketing budgets are expected to double over within the next five years
- Click through rates are increased by 158% when social media buttons are included on emails
- 97% of consumers search for local businesses online
- 74% of companies who invest in 40+ hours on social media per week earn new business
Build brand loyalty early
Consumers today have so many options. This is why it’s important to build brand loyalty early and quickly. Remember, customers don’t want to be sold to. They trust family, friends, referrals, and reviews. If you provide positive experiences to customers, you give your company an edge to exponentially grow your customer base.
- 77% of consumers are more likely to buy when referred by someone they know
- 81% of U.S. online purchases are influenced by a friend or family’s social media post
- 78% of online purchases are influenced by a brand’s social media
Create. Manage. Invest.
Here are five ways to successful run your social media:
- Define your goals
- Your social media profile is an extension of your brand. Establish social media profiles only on platforms that will voice your company’s personality. Creating a social media profile is as easy as 1-2-3: sign up, edit, and maintain.
- Continually manage your social media profiles. Set daily, monthly or annual benchmarks to measure your success.Management requires reviewing what engages your audience and what doesn’t.
- Access each social media’s audience! Rather than wasting your money on ads you can’t measure, take advantage of social media pay per click. Social media offers a specialized type of advertising that allows you to pay only when someone clicks on your ad.
- Maintain your profiles. Give your customers a reason to come back. Always provide fresh information, a product or service feature, or fun tip to keep your customers engaged.