What is a mobile app?
Mobile applications are a great way to give people information without the hassle of downloading your entire website.Rather than accessing through a browser, your information is already available on the mobile device. These can be downloaded through Apple’s App Store, the Android Market or Blackberry App World.
Should you invest in a mobile app?
Like a marketing plan, there is no such thing as “one size fits all”. Here are some scenarios where a mobile application would be a good investment.
- Are you looking to create a game? If so, a mobile app is your best choice.
- Will it be used regularly? If you have a service that people need to use on a regular basis such as a note taking application, a mobile app will allow users to easily access your program.
- Does your program need to access any of the phone’s features?If your program require accessing the mobile camera, a mobile app is most effective.
- Do you want to provide your content without the need for Internet? An app will help you display your information without the need of a connection.
Benefit for you and your customers
- Provides your customers easy access to company information.
- Pushes notifications about promotions, events, or news directly. No need to wait for them to find the information.
- Increases your company’s visibility.With a website, users have to actively enter your website address. Mobile app will always be visible on any device.
- Functions offline. 24/7 connections with your customers.
- Builds customer loyalty with continual connection and information.