The keyword tracking tools allow you to follow the natural positioning of your website in the various search engines. It is important to follow your positioning if you want to measure the impact of your efforts in terms of SEO. Analyzing your positioning will allow you to adjust your strategy if it is not effective enough and to see which pages of your site are working and which are not working in order to optimize SEO.
We gave you in one of our previous articles the checklist for a good SEO of your blog articles. Today, we have analyzed for you 4 keyword tracking tools to help you examine your positioning on search engines.
- The undeniable advantage of the Google Search Console is undoubtedly its free nature. And although it is completely free, it still offers a wide range of tools to analyze the positioning of keywords. To access this tool, all you need is a Google account. However, in the event of a problem or questioning, you will unfortunately not have access to a support team that can help you. In addition, the Search Console analyzes the positioning of your keywords on a single search engine: Google. In order to follow the positioning of your keywords, simply go to the “search traffic” section of the menu then click on “Search analysis”. You will then be able to know the keywords that bring you the most traffic and those on which you are the best positioned. You will then have access to different statistics:
- The number of clicks: these are the clicks made by an Internet user having led to your website.
- The number of impressions: it corresponds to the number of results from your website that appear on all pages of the search engine.
- The CTR (or Click to Rate): it is the click rate which is obtained by dividing the number of clicks by the number of impressions.
Position: it corresponds to the average position of the result of your website.
In addition to having access to different statistics, this keyword tracking tool also allows you to filter your query! So you can filter them by page, by country or by the device. The Google Search Console is a relatively simple tool for understanding and handling and it is above all accessible to everyone. She could not, in any case, be absent from this top!
Ahrefs- SEO tools
Ahrefs is a professional rank tracker that allows you to monitor the position of your keywords. It is a tool that offers multiple functionalities. Among these you will find:
- A summary dashboard allowing you to have an overview of your projects and then a dashboard relating to each of your projects;
- A “Site Explorer” section which allows you to analyze the incoming links and the search volume of a given URL;
- A “Content Explorer” section which allows you to find out which content is the most shared on the web according to a given subject;
- A “Keywords Explorer” section for obtaining keyword ideas;
A rank tracker that allows you to follow in detail the positioning of your keywords (depending on location, positions, search volume, generated traffic, etc.).
This tool is certainly very complete, but it is also relatively expensive. Indeed, you will have to count a budget ranging from $99 (for 500 keywords) for functions limited to $999 per month (for 10,000 keywords) for a truly complete tool. Several subscriptions are available with a number of users, a number of projects and a number of different keywords for each.
Getting started with this tool is quite complicated, due in particular to its many available features. So, this is not a tool for people who are new to SEO. However, after understanding how it works, you will have one of the most complete and efficient tools to analyze and improve your SEO in search engines.
Monitorank is a specialized online tool for daily monitoring of keyword positions. This tool offers the possibility of creating several projects that is to say to follow the keywords of different companies. It is divided into 3 sections: positions, suggestions, and competition. For the analysis of the position of the keywords, the heading which particularly interests us is that of “Positions”.
It is in this category that one can have an overview of the evolution of the positions for each of the keywords previously entered in the tool. In addition to being able to create several projects, this tool also allows you to create different groups of keywords, depending, for example, on the location you want to assign to a particular keyword.
On this “Positions” page we first find a quick overview, thanks to a graphic, of the top keywords of the company. We can then easily see how many keywords are in the Top 1, in the Top 3, etc.
For each keyword, you will then have the possibility of seeing to which URL it is linked, the search volume linked to this keyword, the cost per click as well as the competition index. But what certainly interests you the most if you want to use a position tracking tool for your keywords is precisely the position of these keywords!
At the end of each line, this tool has a graph representing the variation of the positions, with, at the left of this graph, the position at the beginning of the period and at the end of that, the position at the end of the period. Finally, the last two columns will show you the variation of your position over the given period as well as the position of D-day. At the end of each line also appears a colored band, this color code is used to identify where the traffic comes from zero position, natural result, advertising, image block.
This tool is fairly easy to use once taken in hand, but above all its price is very attractive in view of its offer, which can be widely adjusted according to the usefulness of each (this tool even offers the possibility of adjusting resources each month).