Sometimes you realize that you have studied a certain SEO Strategy for a very long time and then, at the time of implementation, find yourself in great difficulties, not understanding how to insert it in the world real. We start from the assumption that SEO and how to appear on google represent one of the most important tools, in the world today, to grow a company. As you know, however, the growth process is complex, long and well segmented, at least theoretically. At what point, or rather, where does the optimization of your website go?
Well, if you want to know what the role of SEO is in your business growth process, you must primarily understand where to place it. Is it an element of Customer Retention? Or is it an integral part of customer activation? None of this.
The SEO is a key part of the acquisition of new contacts to be converted into customers, as today, in the digital age, the network has the largest channel through which to acquire new contacts. And since it is the search engines that decide whether your site- and therefore your brand – is worth being seen, you should definitely bump into it to convince Google and beautiful company that your portal is pure gold, in short, from first position!
DISCOVERING THE SEO TEAM: THESE BAD PEOPLE
Now that we have anticipated the role of SEO in the growth of a company, we can look in detail at the tasks, activities and characteristics of an SEO team capable of making its concrete contribution to the growth of a company. Its purpose is to achieve greater traffic and greater visibility in an organic way, that is, far from paid promotions. So let’s talk about the creation of ad hoc content, SEO audit, link building, and public relations and so on.
As we will see better later, the best of the SEO team is made up of transversal and different figures: in fact, it goes from the developer to the designer, passing through the actual SEO and the copywriter.
WHAT ARE THE FUNDAMENTAL CONTRIBUTIONS THAT A GOOD SEO TEAM CAN MAKE TO YOUR COMPANY?
In large and more modern companies, the SEO team is one of many that make up the macro area aimed at business growth. At his side, therefore, there are other teams that refer to other marketing channels (from advertising to referrals) or to other fundamental steps of the growth process, such as the aforementioned Customer retention.
All of these teams aim at the same goal, which is to make the company grow as much as possible.
However, each team contributes differently. What is particular about the role of SEO in growth? In principle, the fundamental contributions of the SEO team in the development process are two:
Attract new customers: the team that takes care of optimizing a brand’s online presence aims to show the products or services of that same company to the largest number of users – at target – possible.
It brings customers back: the SEO team can also take care of increasing the lifetime value of customers, thus making sure that already customers return to their pages again.
ALL GOOD BUT- HOW DO SEO TEAMS INCREASE THE VISIBILITY OF A BRAND?
Do you think that the SEO team of a large company behaves in the same way as the freelancer who, to increase the visibility of his site, dedicates an hour a day to its optimization? Basically yes, that’s it, the thought behind it is the same.
But only ideally, because in the case of the big brands that can boast of dedicated SEO teams, we are dealing with sites with tons of daily traffic, with thousands and thousands of visitors per day. This, in fact, enhances the role of SEO, as with these numbers it becomes paradoxically easier to experiment with various techniques – with such large figures, in fact, you will immediately understand what works, what does not work and what instead damages the company website.
OK HERE WE ARE: WHAT DOES AN SEO TEAM HAVE TO WORK TO GROW A COMPANY?
Those who are not entirely new to these topics know very well what are the tasks to be carried out to improve the SEO of a website. But to understand more concretely what is the role of SEO within a wider and more complex growth process it is necessary to split this work into several fundamental steps. To be precise, we speak of 5 different steps:
- Find the most effective keywords. Do you know what your target audience is looking for? What does your potential customer write on the search bar to get to you or your competitors? This is the first question of those involved in SEO, to understand how to move and what the actual potential for maneuver are.
- SEO audit. When it comes to SEO there is always something else to do, as there are many possible actions to optimize a site, and it never ends. To understand what to give precedence, it is therefore necessary to make regular analyzes of the website.
- Analysis and monitoring of results. All those involved in SEO must obviously check the performance over time of the website on which they are working, to see the improvements and understand how to proceed. At company level, then, showing executives the progress and possible development opportunities is in most cases a mandatory obligation for those involved in Search Engine Optimization.
- Attract effective links. The SEO team must understand what are the best links to attract to beat the competition and, if necessary, coordinate the PR team in this regard.
- Create efficient content. To achieve the best results, the SEO team must be an integral and active part of the content creation part of the company.
SEO’s role in business growth is to bring more traffic and increase brand visibility, all through organic search engine search. The best SEO teams are the transversal ones and made up of the most different figures: in addition to the SEO expert, specialists are needed who know how to take care of the development of the site, the creation of content and the final design. The performance finally should be monitored constantly and with the right tools, to adjust the course and to define the real impact of the SEO activities in the process of company growth.