Hiring an SEO agency is a great opportunity for Los Angeles businesses to build visibility for their brand. Many businesses, small and large, are successfully moving up in the search engine page results, allowing more leads to be generated. Search engine optimization is key for driving the right traffic your way.
If you decide to hire an SEO company for your organization, it’s important to choose one that’s reputable. You should also familiarize yourself with the process, so you aren’t too confused. Let’s review what you can expect once you decide to hire an SEO agency.
The Payment Model
There are different ways agencies charge for their services. Make sure to inquire about the payment models available, so you can select an option that suits your business. Here are some ways SEO services charge for company services:
- Fixed rates for contract services: You can find contract services at just about every SEO company. These come at a fixed price and are normally advertised somewhere on the website. For instance, an onsite Search Engine Optimization audit or Web design analysis.
- Monthly rates: This is when your business is charged a set rate each month for whichever services you have signed up for. Fixed rates are normally offered before monthly retainers are given as an option. Retainers are commonly used because they offer great ROI for business owners. This normally includes services like link building, content marketing, press releases, optimization and keyword research.
- Project-based rates: These are normally provided to companies that are looking for customized services. Rates vary from project to project, which is based on the scope of the assignment.
- Hourly consulting: Some entrepreneurs would rather have access to an SEO expert’s knowledge, which can be obtained in exchange for an hourly rate. Some also offer services at an hourly rate.
— I Think An Idea (@ithinkanidea) July 27, 2017
What SEO Agencies Charge
The rates vary greatly from agency to agency and is based on the expertise, the range of services and the geographic location. There are low-end, medium and high-end services, which are priced accordingly. According to one survey, the cost range is as follows:
- Monthly retainer: Cost between $750 and $5,000 monthly, which is based on the business size and the range of services being acquired. Lower-priced services normally come with fewer services. Full-service SEO companies charge on the higher end of the scale.
- Fixed rates: These vary greatly, depending on the contract service that’s being offered. For instance, social media profile setup can range between $500 and $3,000, while it’s between .15 and .50/word for Search Engine Optimization copywriting.
- Project rates: These too vary based on the task the agency is being hired for. Some projects can be $1,000, while others $30,000.
- Hourly rates: Consultants are known to charge anywhere between $100 and $300 hourly.
Watch Out for Scams
Search engine optimization can be very beneficial for your company. Unfortunately, finding an SEO agency that you can trust takes some research. There are numerous warning signs you can watch out for to determine if an SEO company is legit. Here are some things to be suspicious of:
- Guarantees: A real agency won’t make a guarantee because it’s impossible. The dynamics of the Web make it impossible to predict results.
- Fast results: Some even go as far as to offer instant results. These companies normally use black hat tactics that can get your website penalized by Google and other search engines.
The top spot on Google: No firm can promise you this, but that is the goal. It will take time and a proper strategy to achieve it.