Inbound links – they are a must-have for any search engine optimization strategy. It’s why SEO agencies focus on them as much as they do. They know that gaining a quality portfolio of links can really help improve the ranking of websites. Google and other search engines use inbound links as a factor when determining where to place your site in the SERPs.
So naturally, the more high-quality links you have, the better. Unfortunately, many brands can’t do this without the assistance of an SEO company that offers link building services. Those who attempt to do it on their own oftentimes fail horribly. They end up with a ton of poor quality links because they become desperate or their content just isn’t quality enough. It’s important to understand that quality is everything to search engines today, so you’re not going to get by with obtaining inbound links from sites that are spammy or irrelevant.
Since link building isn’t something you can or should ignore, it’s important to learn how to do it like a pro. The following are the ways modern-day link building gurus are doing it at just about every SEO agency in Los Angeles.
Naturally Attract Links
No one likes a beggar, so give people a reason to want to link to you instead of simply asking them to. While it’s alright to work for your links, it’s also important to make inbound links come to you. The only way to do this is to create content that is appealing to others in your industry. It should speak of things that will entice their audiences, so they’ll want to share it with them.
The concept is to create a high-value asset that offers information or entertainment (or both). Offer this to the world and people will naturally start linking to and sharing it with others on blogs and social media. It’s possible to gain hundreds or even thousands of natural inbound links with this not-always-simple method.
This is the safest way to build links, since folks are naturally choosing to link to your site, rather than you seeking it to manipulate your rank. So there’s no chance of getting a Google penalty. There’s also a chance that this content will go viral, since it’s being shared on a massive level. Not to mention, this will also help to boost your credibility.
— I Think An Idea (@ithinkanidea) May 30, 2017
How to Create a Link-Building Asset
So how do you go about building content that people naturally want to link to? There are various ways you can make this happen:
- With content: This comes in a variety of forms, such as e-books, whitepapers, articles, videos and infographics. They’re all great choices and you can even create one of each to really broaden your horizons. People will always value content, especially if it offers information and entertainment they value. Content is definitely a great place to start when you’re first beginning a link building strategy.
- With data: Taking raw data and turning it into an easy-to-digest piece can be very valuable to a lot of people. This takes information sharing to another level because it allows others to properly understand something that is complex, but valuable for whatever reason – whether it’s learning how to lose weight faster, get healthier quicker or sell more of a product. This type of content becomes citable, which means more inbound links coming your way.
- With tools: Create a practical tool that people can use for work or for play. For instance, you can make a calculator that allows you to figure out how many solar panels you need to install. You can also make games or quizzes, which can be both entertaining and educational.
- With gimmicks: In other words, contests. You can sponsor some type of game for everyone to join in on in exchange for a free prize. This may get people sharing and engaging with your site, especially if you use social media as a tool.
- With people: This would only work if the person in question has some type of influence in your industry. If you can connect with someone who is an influencer, and they share your content, then their large group of followers will likely share it as well.
Link building is one of the best and affordable ways to boost your visibility, credibility and ranking. You can work together with an SEO agency to improve your link building strategy tenfold.