Automated emails don’t always work out for the best. It all depends on the industry you’re in. What works for one business may not work for the next – for instance, business owners normally delete template emails that pitch services. However, in e-commerce, these stock messages can actually boost sales. Of course, these need to be properly formatted and have quality messaging. SEO companies can be used by local and online businesses to perfect their automated email campaigns.
Automated Emails Are Different
These aren’t your typical emails in your campaign that are designed to get more traffic coming to your site. Automated emails consist of those that are sent out to:
- Confirm a purchase or account creation
- Notifications of coupons for opening an account
- Wait list notifications
- Saved cart and abandoned cart messages
- Confirmation of receipt of messages sent using contact forms
You’ll find many e-commerce companies focusing mainly on their messaging for abandoned cart emails. They may include discounts and coupons to help drive them to complete their purchase. It’s also important to use other forms of emails to help get shoppers to return to your store to make additional purchases. An SEO agency in Los Angeles can help you write the content for the variety of emails you send out to your customers.
What Your Automated Emails Need
There are a number of things every automated email needs to have in order to be effective. Local SEO companies can analyze your current emails to see if they meet the standards and update those that don’t. Here’s a quick overview of what needs to be included:
- Clear Subjects: The recipient should know exactly why the email is sent and what to expect inside.
- Personalized messages that are concise: Cut out all the fluff and get to the point of the email, but tastefully.
- Only include coupons that are relevant: The coupon should relate to the content of the email.
- Timeliness: Certain emails should be sent right away, while others should be sent within a few hours.
- Only promote when needed: You don’t want all of your emails to be promotional. Doing this too much could lead to your customers waiting around for the deals, which will in turn cut your revenue.
If your automated emails need some work, then consider hiring a local SEO company to help you out!