The worst thing that you can do to your website is allow it to become outdated and irrelevant. SEO companies and professional SEO service providers are always on the lookout for potential changes that could negatively affect their websites. For example, the numerous Google updates that have and will be rolling out. The optimization of your website will play a major role in whether your site is negatively or positively affected by the updates. WordPress is the most popular platform used for developing and managing content. SEO services can help your Los Angeles company maintain a fully-optimized WP website.
The obvious optimizations, such as keywords, content creation and meta data are just the beginning. There are more advanced SEO techniques that need to be implemented as well. Google looks at your WP website overall, including its Page Speed and Performance. Google’s algorithms are designed to weed out websites that will deliver a poor user experience. So it makes sense that Page Speed and Performance would be at the top of the list. It’s best to leave the technicalities to SEO companies.
Websites with slow-loading pages will have a difficult time ranking high in search engine results. And even if Google does decide to let Page Speed slide, users won’t. No one will continue to use a website that delivers content slowly – not in the age where instant gratification is expected. We have access to super-fast Internet and routers – why should we settle for anything less? The following can be down to help your WP website quicken its page speeds:
- Use a high quality theme. There are a plethora of WP themes you can choose and use free of charge, but it’s not recommended that you do so. It’s best to use premium themes because they are better quality. Plus, majority of free themes aren’t SEO-friendly. Premium themes guarantee regular updates, which help with website performance.
- Use the best plugins and tools. Some will only bog down your website. Keep an eye on website performance once you’ve implemented your plugins.
- Get rid of any plugins you no longer use and update whatever ones you continue to use.
- Install the code on source pages, instead of installing the plugin (whenever possible). It’s better for your performance and load times if you input codes into the template page. The same can be done with other codes. SEO companies have experts who can perform this task for you.
- Regularly optimize your site by checking for broken links and images that don’t load, and ensuring your page load speed is optimal.
- Check the performance of your website using tools like Pingdom Website Speed Test, Google Page Speed Insights and GTMetric Website Performance. You can compare the results from all three to determine what areas of your website need improving.
- Remove files, themes and plugins you no longer use. Each file takes up space, which can reduce the overall performance of your website. A lot of website owners are plugin pack rats. Keep around the ones that are most useful and chuck the rest. You can get rid of old themes by deleted them from your c-panel. The same should be done for images you no longer need.
Never overlook the performance of your website. You should do whatever possible to keep your site up and running at optimal speeds. Some of the advanced SEO techniques can be a bit technical for some. If this isn’t something you’d be comfortable with doing, consider hiring an SEO company for assistance.
Want to know more about website optimization? Read this!